WHO WE ARE
We are Marlow Regatta Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (nos 08725456) whose registered address is 25 Greenside, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire SL8 5TW. We are a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulations and all associated laws applicable in England and Wales, including the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (Data Protection Law).
Our principal purpose is to organise and run Marlow Regatta (the Regatta). We also administer a group of Subscribers and Sponsors who support the Regatta, and the Regatta shop and website. (www.themarlowregatta.com).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect your data in the following ways:
- By your use of the website
- By purchasing Badges, Reserved Car park and Club Marquee plots.
- By taking advertising sites either in the programme or on the website.
- When you make purchases either by post or on-line.
- When you enter the regatta as a competitor via the British Rowing on-line entry system known as BROE2.
- When making enquiries of us for any other reason by whatever means.
The website has an online shop through which we will possibly collect your details when you transact business. Shop Terms and Conditions. We may at times modify this notice and will post the changes on this website, together with the date of the most recent update.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information collected online
When you shop online, or fill in forms on the website, we will collect data such as your name, contact details (electronic, postal addresses and telephone no), what has been purchased, and payment details. (Please note that payments via credit cards etc. are made through Worldpay, so we do not see your card details.
We may also collect information through cookies (see below).
The main source of Competitor information is that held on the British Rowing entry system BROE2, and any other information entered by a coach or entry secretary of the organisation making the entry. In some cases, we may require further details, to ensure that an entry is appropriate for the event selected. Such enquiries will be made by either telephone or exchange of e-mails, and no permanent record will be held.
Regatta Broadcast and CCTV
Currently, the Regatta does not broadcast a commentary but does provide a local commentary via a Public Address system. For added interest, we may, therefore, relate the previous record of the performance of both entire crews and/or private competitors, all of which will have been previously available in the public domain.
For security reasons, the Dorney Lake site has CCTV in place in many locations around the site and will be in operation during the Regatta. We have no control over this, and will not in general, make use of it.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We need information for the following reasons:
- To deliver an event that meets with the requirements of British Rowing, and also the satisfaction of all of our Competitors, Subscribers, Volunteers, Casual workers, Contractors and Eton College Services, who own and operate the venue.
- To process and deliver your Regatta shop orders and maintain a record of customer correspondence for internal records.
- For statistical analysis aimed at improving the event, by a better understanding of our “customers’ needs”.
- To administer the web site.
- For security, the detection of fraud and to comply with any legal duties imposed upon us.
We have duties to our Subscribers to provide communications regarding events and general performance of the Company.
Staff, Casual Workers, and Volunteers
Although we employ no staff, we have a duty to those others we engage to deliver our events which may involve the processing of special category data or criminal data information, including as regards diversity, safeguarding, health and welfare. This aspect is generally covered by following British Rowing guidelines.
In Accordance with your preferences (see below) we will send you, by post or electronic means:
- membership information etc.
- news or promotional material concerning the business.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to other businesses unless you specifically ask us to pass on your details to one of our sponsors, contractors or advertisers.
Using the Regatta shop
When you place an order through the website, we will use your details to process the order.
Club and Competitor information
Competitor information is usually collected via the British Rowing online entry system (BROE2). It is needed to create and publish the Regatta programme and generally run the racing elements of the event, and to record results, which may then be archived on paper and electronic format. This may include data on competitors under the age of 18. We need to maintain a database of central administrative contacts within each crew’s Club or institution. We consider this to be part of our legitimate interest in running the event.
We do not currently broadcast any information about the event, except via a local public address system, and results via Twitter. We do not currently use any film or television coverage. Although CCTV is present onsite, this is the property of Eton College Services and is used by them, as owners and operators of the venue, for security purposes. We do not have access to this information.
General, legal and regulatory uses
Any personal information which you provide to us will be stored and processed according to Data Protection Law. We will not transfer or disclose any personal data to any third party, except where there is a lawful and legitimate reason for doing so. This may include where we are required to do so by the police or any other regulatory or government authority acting under their powers.
All individuals have various rights under Data Protection Law to access and understand personal data about them from data controllers, and in some cases ask for it to be erased or amended, or no longer processed, but subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
Rights of access, transfer, erasure or amendment
Any individual wishing to access, amend, transfer, or has any other objection to, their personal data, should put their request in writing to us via the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. We will try to respond to any such request as soon as possible, and at least within the statutory period of one month.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we are relying on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
How long we keep personal data
We will retain personal data securely and only in line with how long it is necessary to keep for a legitimate and lawful reason, and in accordance with our retention policies. For example:
- Consumer or contract law or future claims may request that details are kept for as long as we or you might have rights to exercise under a contract (which might be as long as seven years after the end of the contract).
- Even where you have requested that we no longer contact you, we will need to keep a record of the fact in order that we fulfill your wishes ( ie. a “suppression record”).
- Some participation and performance records may be kept indefinitely for historical archiving. This may be made available to other organisations, usually within the sport of rowing who request such data from time to time to embellish their own history. If you have specific queries about how our retention policy is applied, please contact us directly.
When you use certain parts of our website, we store a small amount of information in your browser by means of a Cookie, which is needed to make some services work. A Cookie is a small file that may ask to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, the file is added the Cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a specific site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual since the web application can then tailor its operation to your needs and preferences.
Cookies we use
- If you switch between the mobile and the desktop version of the website, a Cookie is used to remember your preference so that you don’t have to do it again, when you next visit.
- For Google Analytics purposes. We use analytics to see how users interact with our website, so that we can make improvements to the service we provide. For example, if we can tell that our users are having difficulty in finding a particular page, we can improve the navigation, or if we know that a high proportion of our visitors view the site from particular mobile phones, we can improve the layout for those devices.
No personally identifiable information is collected or stored by any of these processes.
If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics for all web sites, you can add an extension to your browser, which tells Google Analytics not to track you. Visit this link to find out more http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you want to opt-out of all Cookies for all websites, you can turn them off in your browser, in the settings menu.
General enquiries regarding this privacy notice should be made to:
Buckinghamshire SL8 5TW
We do not have a Data Protection Officer within the meaning of the Data Protection Act, but believe that we have taken the correct advice, are implementing it satisfactorily.
If you believe that we have not complied with this Privacy notice, or acted otherwise than in accordance with Data Protection Law, you should in the first instance notify us directly. Whilst you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office, (ICO), they recommend that steps are taken to resolve the matter directly with the data controller, before involving the ICO.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
www.themarlowregatta.com is a site operated by Marlow Regatta Ltd a company registered in England and Wales (nos 08725456) whose registered address is 25 Greenside, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire SL8 5TW.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you purchase tickets and reserved parking and club marquee plots, you can find the terms and conditions on the Shop Terms and Conditions page of this website.